About the model
Designed to be a working boat, used for general coasting.
Moving cargo or coal around.
Prototype history (click)
- Launched by Cochrane and sons, Selby in 1916. Registered in the ownership of Robert Rix & Sons, Hull as Ebbrix in 1917.
- Sold to the Ribble Shipping Co Ltd, Liverpool in 1939 renamed Bannthorn.
- Sold to the Springfal Shipping Co Ltd, London in 1942 renamed Springouse in 1946.
- Sold to the Ribble Shipping Co Ltd, Liverpool in 1947 renamed Bannthorn.
- Sold to Thomas Stone (shipping) Ltd, Swansea in 1947 renamed Brookstone
- Sold to William Coe and Co Ltd, Liverpool in 1950 renamed Bannthorn
- Transferred to the Thorn Line Ltd.
- Arrived at Troon to be broken up by the West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co Ltd in 1954.
- Registered closed 1955.
Model specifications (click)
L.O.A. 57 inches (1480mm)
Beam: 9 3/8 inches (238mm)
Displacement: 36.75lb (16.7kg)
Suitable for static display, free running or 2 plus function radio control under electric or steam power.
What's in the kit (click)
- GRP Moulded hull, superstructure and lifeboats
- White metal fittings
- All necessary wood, cordage, wire etc
- Full size drawing & instruction book
- Propshaft & propeller
You may purchase this kit by selecting your destination from the drop down menu & clicking ‘add to basket’. Please see notes on purchasing at the base.
We use Pay Pal for all our on-line orders. A safe secure way of payment where you can pay with any major credit/debit card. When you click add to cart you will be taken to the pay pal website, where you follow the instructions to complete your purchase. Alternatively we are pleased to accept your order by telephone or by post.